Below is the alternate "heat schedule" which is now officially in effect this weekend, and is reflected in the pools/brackets.
This schedule will only be followed if the temperature has a heat index of >100F. At that point, we are required to delay games until the heat drops below that point.
- Games to 13, one timeout per half with a floater
- No soft cap, hard cap at 80 mins, 90 to the start of the next round (so ten minute transition)
Saturday alternate "heat schedule":
- There will still be 5 rounds of pool play on Saturday, with the first three rounds in the morning, and last two in the evening under lights.
- We will break from 12:20pm until 6pm for warm up, 6:30pm start of evening rounds. We will be off the fields by 9:20pm.
- Games will resume again at 8am on Sunday (I know, short night).
**If on Saturday the weather turns cooler (<100 all day long), then we could play through the five rounds during the day as originally planned. This is highly unlikely. If the weather looks to be getting >100F earlier than 12:20pm, we may add 10 minutes to time between rounds to allow for a 20 minute rest instead of a 10 minute transition in those first three rounds.**
Sunday alternate "heat schedule":
- There will be 3 pool play rounds on Sunday. After pool play concludes on Sunday, the following placement rules will be in effect.
- If places 1, 2, and 3 in the pool are clear finishers with no ties, those teams qualify for nationals with no placement games for nationals seeding (nationals does NOT require adherence to regionals finish)
- If 3-5 are in a tie, we will use point diff to determine the qualifier
- If 2-4 are in a tie, then 3-4 must play a game to go, adding a 4th round on Sunday.