March 28, 2015
10:00a - 3:00p
4351 Lancaster Rd.
Granville, OH 43023
Event Director: Stephan Dober
Captains + Coaches Meeting: 9:30a
Click the "High School" box above for a schedule of game times and field locations.
Event Rules + Guidelines
This is a bracket event, meaning that teams are seeded into a single elimination bracket, the winner of which will be the winner of the event.
Teams that lose in the first and second rounds of the bracket will be placed into various consolation brackets to determine places 3-8.
Point Cap and Game Length
• Games starting at 10a and 11:45a will be played to 13 with a hard cap of 75 minutes.
• Games starting at 1:30p will be played to 15 with a hard cap of 90 minutes.
• A hard time cap is the ending of the game once a predetermined time of play has elapsed and after the current scoring attempt is completed. If the score is tied, play continues until one additional goal is scored.
Example: Hard cap sounds » Finish point » Game is over » A tie means one more point ("universe point") is played to determine the winner.
• Please note that the next point begins the moment the current point is finished (ie, when a goal is scored). Therefore, if the hard cap sounds before a team pulls ("in between points"), the disc must still be pulled and the point played.
• The hard cap will be indicated by an air horn signal. Please be sure to acknowledge the hard cap with your team as well as with your current opponent. Games shouldn't end as a "surprise" because one team was unaware of the hard cap.
Winning the Game
Games are played to 13 or 15 (see above), win by 2.
Teams are able to win by 1 point (rather than 2) in the following scenarios:
• A team reaches 15 points (or 17 points for 1:30pm games), OR
• A team is winning the game at the conclusion of the point played AFTER the hard cap goes into effect.
Example: In a game to 13 with 10 minutes before the hard cap goes on, Team A has 13 points and team B has 12 points. Play continues until either team is ahead by 2 points, either team reaches 15, OR hard cap goes on, in which case the current point is played out and who ever has more points is the winner. (See also hard cap rules for a tie).
• Receiving team (offense) with 2 or more girls present must always put at least one girl on each receiving line.
• Pulling team (defense) has to match the receiving line's gender ratio up to one less girl than the pulling team has present at the game.
Example: Offense puts 5 girls on line » Defense has 3 girls present » Defense must match 2 girls minimum.
• Pulling team (defense) must always match at least one girl. If the pulling team cannot match at least girl, the pulling team must then play down one player for that point.
• Halftime begins when one team's score first reaches 7.
• Halftime may not exceed more than 10 minutes in length, but may be shorter.
• Each team will receive 1 timeout per half plus one "floating" timeout, which can be used in either half.
• A team timeout lasts 70 seconds.
• Zone defenses are not permitted at this event.