This event is not accepting registration anymore.
*2- Brooklyn Book Club
5- The Beacon School
*Qualified for Northeast Womens Regional
DiscNY is excited to be hosting Metro New York Club Sectionals.
DATES: September 6-7 is Sectionals, rain date is the following weekend September 13-14.
Blue Sky Polo
380 Bart Bull Road
Middletown, NY 10941
**you must approach from Rt. 211. Don't speed on Bart Bull or at the polo club!
TEAM REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, August 22, 5 pm MDT, 7 pm EST.
-Teams must create a series roster (regardless of regular season play). It has to have a minimum of 10 players. You can add up to a maximum of 27 players.
College extension is available but you MUST:
1) Have a partial roster started with at least one player
2) Submit a request for a roster extension to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 22.
FINAL ROSTER DEADLINE: Tuesday, September 2, 5 pm MDT, 7 pm EST.
TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION FEES and DUE DATES:
$375 + $150 field deposit **due by Friday, August 22, 5 pm MDT, 7 pm EST.
Yes, that is the same as the Team Registration Deadline.
College Teams ONLY pay $350 + $150 field deposit, and they have until Friday, August 29, 7 pm EST but need to email us with their intention to field a team by August 22.
Send paypal to email@example.com. Please be sure to:
-Select personal or other so Paypal does not collect a fee.
-Put your team and division in the subject or memo field.
**FIELD DEPOSIT?! -Yes, field deposit. It is not optional. Because some teams do a really crap job of cleaning up after themselves. Here's how this is going to work: Whatever field your team ends up on at the end of each day has to be spic and span. Bottle caps, fruit peels, abandoned smelly socks, wads of used athletic tape, etc. must be picked up and thrown out. That includes the far sideline if there is no other team using it. If another team left a mess, you can report them, but you still have to clean up the sideline. If you are worried about whether you did a good job and want to make sure you get your $150 deposit back, get the TD or other designated tourney staff to do a 'checkout' at the end of each day. Tourney staff will have noted which teams are using which fields and sidelines at the end of both Saturday and Sunday. If a team leaves a mess on either day and they did not get checked out, then we keep the money and it goes toward DiscNY's youth development programs. Field deposits will be refunded by the end of the day Monday after Sectionals. If another team reports that your team left a mess, your field deposit is subject to forfeit. We hope this will encourage all players to be good field citizens.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We need help lining the fields. If you could pass along our call for volunteers that would be much appreciated. (We need folks from about 10/11 am until 4 pm or so the Friday before Sectionals. Lunch and drinks provided!)
Jeannine Opie - Women's: firstname.lastname@example.org
Travis McGrath - Open: email@example.com
Fi - Mixed: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. WATER: We will provide jugs of water. We will have more water for Sunday, but we also recommend saving your jugs from Saturday and refilling them.
2. FOOD: Each team gets a food bag (bagels and fruit), available for pick-up at Frisbee Central.
3. PARKING: PLEASE ONLY PARK IN DESIGNATED AREAS. Do not park along the road. There is parking immediately to the right when you come down the drive and then on the left after you pass frisbee central. Please do not park in the Paintball parking lot.
4. DOGS: Dogs are allowed but must be on a leash.
5. GARBAGE: THIS IS A LEAVE NO TRACE EVENT. REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE. We'll give each team trash and recycling bags. Please use them. If you need more bags, go to Frisbee Central.
6. ALCOHOL: No alcohol! No glass!
7. LIGHTNING: Three long horns mean everyone should stop play and get to safe shelter. We will resume play 20 minutes after the last flash of lightning or sound of thunder. There will be one long horn to indicate that we're going to start up again.
8. INJURIES/MEDICAL: We will have a certified athletic trainer on staff this weekend at Frisbee Central.
The closest hospital is: Orange Regional Medical Center
707 East Main St.
They also offer a "Fast Track" service for minor medical emergencies, available 7 days a week from 7 am to 3 am. The address is the same, but call: (845) 333-1393.
DIRECTIONS FROM BLUE SKY TO ORANGE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (copies available at Frisbee Central)
1. Take a L out of the grounds and head northeast on Bart Bull Rd 1.6 mi.
2. Turn left onto NY-211 W. 3.3 mi
3. Turn left onto County Rd 83/Scotchtown Rd 0.7 mi
4. Take the 3rd right onto Crystal Run Rd 1.8 mi
5. Continue onto County Rd 67/E Main St. 0.3 mi
6. Hospital will be on your right 0.1 mi.