This event is not accepting registration anymore.
Nafzger Park Round Robin
April 19, 2015
10:00a - 3:00p
2845 Noe Bixby Road
Columbus OH 43232
Note: The closer parking long entrance is located off of Refugee Road.
Event Director: Rachel Sirey
Captains + Coaches Meeting: 9:30a
Click the "High School" box above for a schedule of game times and field locations.
2.) Canal Winchester
Event Rules + Guidelines
This is a Round Robin event, meaning each team will play each other team once. The winner of the event is the team with the best record after the 3 games.
In the event of a tie, the following tie breakers will be used to determine the event winner:
• 2-way tie: Head-to-head result
• 3-way tie with identical net point differentials: Net point differential for games against teams with whom you are tied (ie, throw out point differential for the game against the team not in the 3-way tie), and then head-to-head result (if necessary).
• 3/4-way tie: Net point differential in pool play and then head-to-head result (if necessary)
Point Cap and Game Length
• All games will be played to 13.
• All games will be played to a hard cap of 75 minutes, regardless of point total.
• A hard time cap is the ending of the game once a predetermined time of play has elapsed and after the current scoring attempt is completed. If the score is tied, play continues until one additional goal is scored.
Example: Hard cap sounds » Finish point » Game is over » A tie means one more point ("universe point") is played to determine the winner.
• Please note that the next point begins the moment the current point is finished (ie, when a goal is scored). Therefore, if the hard cap sounds before a team pulls ("in between points"), the disc must still be pulled and the point played.
• The hard cap will be indicated by a whistle signal. Please be sure to acknowledge the hard cap with your team as well as with your current opponent. Games shouldn't end as a "surprise" because one team was unaware of the hard cap.
Winning the Game
Games are played to 13, win by 2.
Teams are able to win by 1 point (rather than 2) in the following scenarios:
• A team reaches 15 points, OR
• A team is winning the game at the conclusion of the point played AFTER the hard cap goes into effect.
Example: In a game to 13 with 10 minutes before the hard cap goes on, Team A has 13 points and team B has 12 points. Play continues until either team is ahead by 2 points, either team reaches 15, OR hard cap goes on, in which case the current point is played out and who ever has more points is the winner. (See also hard cap rules for a tie).
• Receiving team (offense) with 2 or more girls present must always put at least one girl on each receiving line.
• Pulling team (defense) has to match the receiving line's gender ratio up to one less girl than the pulling team has present at the game.
Example: Offense puts 5 girls on line » Defense has 3 girls present » Defense must match 2 girls minimum.
• Pulling team (defense) must always match at least one girl. If the pulling team cannot match at least girl, the pulling team must then play down one player for that point.
• Halftime begins when one team's score first reaches 7.
• Halftime may not exceed more than 10 minutes in length, but may be shorter.
• Each team will receive 1 timeout per half plus one "floating" timeout, which can be used in either half.
• A team timeout lasts 70 seconds.
• Zone defenses are permitted at this event.