COMPETITION RULES below are from 2018 and could change for 2019
- USA Ultimate Official Rules of Ultimate, 11th Edition
- Modifications: 20-yard end zones; "contact" marking violation call
- All games to 15, point cap at 17 (Check divisional schedules for any exceptions).
- Halftime is 5 minutes for all games except adult (ICC) semis and finals (10 minutes).
- Each team has two timeouts per half.
- Regardless of how many timeouts a team has used before overtime, during overtime, each team has one timeout.
- Overtime: A game is in overtime if tied at one point less than original game total (e.g., in a game to 15 goals, overtime occurs when the score reaches 14-14).
- Soft time cap: Goes on 20 minutes before the hard cap. Add two points to the higher score after first score after soft time cap. Game ends when first team reaches new game total or when first team reaches 15 or more ahead by at least two points, whichever comes first.
- Hard time cap: Goes on at end of round time on schedule. Game is over at the end of the point in progress, unless tied. If tied, play one more point.
- Caps do not affect timeouts.
- Hard caps will not be used for the adult (ICC) semifinals or any (ICC and YCC) finals, unless determined necessary prior to game by organizers due to scheduling constraints.
ICC competition will begin with three team pools. If the first two games in a three-team pool end with the exact same score (but different winners), one additional point should be played after the second game. The pulling team and the sides should be the same as at the beginning of the second half. This point will only count in the case of the otherwise unbreakable three-way tie, where each game results in the exact same score. If each team has a point differential of zero after the last game and all three games resulted in the same score, the additional point played after round two determines the first and third place teams.