Pool A (start at 9:00am Saturday) and Top-8 Bracket (start at 3:00pm Saturday)
Games to 15 (win by 2 or 17 straight)
Overtime if and only if the score reaches 14-14 (both teams get exactly one timeout in overtime)
2 timeouts per half (hard cap does not affect timeouts)
No Soft Cap
Hard cap at 100 minutes (two short blasts) (finish the point; if tied, then play one more point)
Rounds every 120 minutes (two short blasts)
Pools B/C/D (start at 9:55am Saturday) and Pool E (start at 3:00pm Saturday)
Games to 13 (win by 2 or 15 straight)
Overtime if and only if the score reaches 12-12 (both teams get exactly one timeout in overtime)
1 timeout per half plus a floater (hard cap does not affect timeouts)
No Soft Cap
Hard cap at 85 minutes (one long blast) (finish the point; if tied, then play one more point)
Rounds every 100 minutes (one long blast)
In the event of lightning, we will follow this procedure:
1. Three long blasts of the horns mean that everyone should immediately leave the fields and go to your cars for safety.
2. The SC and TD will monitor the weather and keep a clock from the latest lightning strike.
3. If we make it 20 minutes without another lightning strike, then the teams will be informed (still requiring 10 more minutes without lightning).
4. If we make it to 30 minutes without lightning, the teams will be informed that they can return to the fields.
5. Play should resume 10 minutes after the fields are opened up, and all game situations remain the same (any time caps and round times will just be pushed back by the total time of the delay).
If extended delays occur and schedule adjustments have to be made, teams will be notified. Here are some notes to prepare for:
1. We can incur up to about two hours of delay time each day without having to adjust the schedule at all.
2. If the delay time ranges between 2-4 hours, then we will have to shorten time caps appropriately for the remaining schedule of the day.
3. If the delay time extends beyond 4 hours on Saturday, then we will have to move rounds to the next day.
4. If the delay time extends beyond 4 hours on Sunday, then we may be forced to truncate or eliminate placement games that do not effect regionals qualification, but instead are just for placement.
Primary mode of communication during delays will be via e-mail to the same captains list that has been used for pre-event communications.