- Event Type:
- Sanctioned Tournament - Sanctioned College Regular Season Tournament
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Field Map:
- View Field Information and Maps
- throughout the entire weekend field 5 will be the 'showcase' field, as Ultiworld will be set up filming there. Because of this the schedule is still tentative, and games could be moved around depending upon what they want to see within that time slot. Game schedules will not change, but the fields on which those games are played might.
- Seedings: We wanted to have the most regional diversity in each pool, and avoid inter-regional matchups if possible (no NW v NW games, etc.). Obviously the majority of the field are SW teams so those matchups were unavoidable. Seedings are reflective of this desire.
- The vast majority of the men's division games will be played on the turf fields outside of the Rec Cen; however, there are some outliers. Four Pool D games will be played on the grass (Storke) field on Saturday, and a handful on consolation bracket games will be played on Storke on Sunday. Please review your schedule now so you can plan accordingly. (For those in Pool D and/or those who find themselves moving between the 2 field sites: the round times were extended slightly from last year to accommodate the drive between, which is relatively short)
- There will be 2 crews of Observers roaming around throughout the weekend. If you would like to request a crew for a specific game of yours, let me know. They do a great job covering as many games across all pools as possible, and of course will be observing championship bracket games.
- SUNDAY CONSOLATION POOL: as BYU is attending but cannot participate on Sunday, Sunday's consolation bracket is unique (7 teams not advancing to championship bracket). Of the 7 teams regulated to the consolation bracket, the team with the best record after Pool Play (and potentially best point diff.) we be granted a bye into the consolation bracket semis. The remaining 6 teams will play consolation quarterfinals. The winners will advance as normal; HOWEVER, the losers of these games will be placed into a separate pool (Pool Z) and finish out their tournament with a round robin.
- in addition, IF BYU qualifies for the championship bracket, they will forfeit their spot to the next eligible team within their Saturday pool (D), and everyone in that pool will move up one slot. So if they get 2nd after pool play, the 3rd place team will be bumped up to that spot, then the 4th place team is bumped to 3rd, etc.
- SAVAGE is sponsoring the tournament and has provided a bunch of sweet gear. There will not be a table set up, but I will be roaming around both Saturday and Sunday. If your team is interested in purchasing tournament jerseys, let me know.
- Friday night games: since BYU is not participating on Sunday, there are 2 games scheduled on Friday night on field 5.
- parking is $4 per day. If you pay in cash, it must be EXACT. no change will be given
- Absolutely no food on the turf. There will be standard tournament food provided that can be eaten outside the fence surrounding the field.